What Should I Expect At My Chiropractic Treatment?
A chiropractor is a licensed doctor and you should expect the following during your chiropractic treatment:
- A complete and thorough review of your individual problem and relevant history.
- A comprehensive physical examination including tests, analysis and palpation to help identify your individual problem.
- If required, diagnostic tests such as an x-ray may ordered to help determine the root cause of your symptoms and for more in depth investigation of your symptoms.
- Diagnosis your condition to make sure you know the reason for your symptoms. If the problem is not best suited to chiropractic treatment, a referral to another healthcare provider is done and a treatment plan is communicated. Chiropractors try to provide a holistic and integrated approach for the overall healthcare needs of their patients, and can refer to medical specialists when required.
- Provide you with a prognosis based on your overall health, occupation, and lifestyle factors such as levels of stress and activity.
- Assess how you respond to treatment, chiropractic treatment and for changes in your overall health. Providing therapeutic exercises, combined with nutritional and lifestyle improvements may also be suggested to improve your overall health and promote an active lifestyle, through patient-centered care.